Thursday, September 1, 2011

School Starts Again

I know most of you can tell, that I'm slackin'. I haven't been posting, but I do have good reasons!

So this week, starting on Monday was our first day of school for the 2011-2012 school year. It has gone by really fast already, but gone well.

-Michlyn- (Me)
I started high school this year, and love it. On the first day of school, I was pretty quiet and didn't know very many people at all. My locker had a lot problems. I could never get it open, and it jammed a few times. Thank the Lord that Erin "popped in" every once in a while. She saved me from being late a few times. Finding the classrooms was fairly easy, but since Erin had it down she reminded me a few times. I'm so lucky to have a sister like her! The second day was much better. I figured out my locker, and met so many new friends. They are really nice, and they welcomed me with smiles. We usually all sit together at lunch. Science is my favorite class so far. I know almost everyone, and my teacher is funny and nice. I'm still getting used to the new routine, but can tell it's going to be a great year!

-Erin-
This is Erin's 3rd year at PACT. She began in November of 6th grade, when she got in. This summer she only had a few sleepovers with her school friends. So when school started she was excited to see them all again, and "be in the loop". haha I'm pretty sure she knows her classes like they've always been there. Then again, she's been around the school about 200 hundred times.  Her favorite subject is Drama. She's always been a good actress/singer. Although she is pretty shy, and I've already heard from a few people that's kind of quiet. Well at least we know she pays attention in class! :)

-J-
Mister 'J' went through a few transitions this year. Last year he started PACT for the first time, and was nervous. There are two levels in the school, and the classes are placed in their rooms by grade. So after being on the bottom floor last year, he had to move to the top this year. It caused extra nervousness, and he was a bit grumpy on the first day. At the end of the day, he came home with smiles and said his day was awesome. He said recess has been a lot of fun, and got to see some friends from last year and play with them. Praise God for answered prayer!

-S-
Our little man started Kindergarten this year. At first, I don't think he was that nervous. After open house, he came back excited, and ready to start. He attends everyday afternoon kindergarten. So when he went with to drop us off at school, he thought it was his turn to leave. :) Later, when my mom came to drop him off he did very well. He had fun that day: having a snack, seeing his teacher again, meeting new friends, and coloring. On the way home that day he said, "Mom, later when you dropped me off I feeled like crying but I didn't". Aww such a brave boy! On the second day, he was a little more hesitant my mom told me. But he's doing great, and I'm confident that he will continue to!

Wishing you all a great long weekend!

Blessings,
~Michlyn

No comments: