Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Screen-free Friday

At our house, another word that we use for laptops, iPods, TV, movies, etc... is screens. So on Friday my mom thought that I was having too much "screentime". So she's keeping my iPod for a week, and I only am allowed to go onto the laptop once a day, unless given other permission.

On Friday I didn't even use a screen at all! I was so proud of myself! (sorry if that sounds a little self-centered or something.) I don't know about you, but when you don't have the opportunity to go onto something electronic you can do 2 things that I've noticed so far.

1. Your mind expands so much more, with things to do.
2. You can see how much people are sucked into their iPods or other things much easier.

So since I haven't had my iPod this what I've done:

1. I got the motivation to make an album - not a big one, but it was super fun. It was from last summer as we stayed with friends, while my mom and dad were in Ethiopia! (I hope to post it soon)
2. I had to watch a dog of a family I babysit for the weekend. (including walking up early, and it was really good for me.)
3. I got the opportunity to go to church with friends, and then babysit later on Sunday. :)
4. I've helped my mom a lot more around the house, because I wasn't looking at a "screen".
5. I also have read a lot more since I haven't had my iPod.

I know I've done a few more things, but I just can't think of them at the moment. I'm actually going to babysit a little girl right now!

Hope you all have an adventerous day!

~Michlyn

2 comments:

The dB family said...

I think I'll get Bub to read this post ;o). Actually he is reading right now and not plugged in :o).

Enjoy!
Deborah

Michlyn said...

Perfect! I still don't have it back... :) Of course at first it was horrible, but now I'm glad that she took it for a while! Hopefully he won't find it as dreadful as I did! ;-)

Blessings,
~Michlyn