Sunday, June 12, 2011

Update

Well I hope you're all having a fantastic weekend! It's been a pretty busy weekend, but fun. I guess our life has "slowed down" these past couple days. :) Sorry I haven't posted in a while, I guess there isn't that much to write about. (hard to believe; I know)I thought I would just update about a few things to keep you posted for the next couple days. Or maybe something crazy will happen tomorrow and I'll just have to get the laptop and post about it.

11 months HOME!
'T' has been home for nearly 11 months!! It's so hard to believe that almost a year ago, I got to meet my new little sister for the FIRST time! It was a bittersweet moment, and I can remember it so well! 'T' has improved so much, and we're so happy and proud of her. Although the adjustment and bonding is still taking its time. 'T' has learned so much in these last 11 months, it's almost hard to imagine.

Blogger Family!
As I told you a couple of weeks ago, that I had been following a family blog. They are the de Boer family, and are HOME! Deborah, did a fantastic job on keeping all of her bloggy friends, and family updated as they were in the Phillippines! They brought home their 3 daughters, and now are a family of 9! WOW, God is sooo good! Please continue to keep this family in your prayers, as they start this new journey of life together!

Sports, Sprinklers, it's SUMMER oh my!
It has officially been summer here at our house for about the past week. Last week, we got some unusal HOT weather! Around 90-100 degrees fahreheit! So we stayed cool outside with water balloons, buckets, and more. (That topic was on my last post) Also all of my siblings have started the summer soccer program. So we have soccer about 4-6 days a week. Yes, we're definitely staying BUSY!

Blessings,
~Michlyn

2 comments:

The dB family said...

Thank you again for your prayers, Dear One! Did you know we're not sure what day to call our girls' Gotcha Day? They slept over on the Sunday night in the PI, but we didn't sign over to make them legally ours until the Monday. Maybe we'll make it a Gotcha weekend ;o). I will pray the Little T's Gotcha Day is positive and goes smoothly for her and for all of you!

Blessings!
Deborah

Michlyn said...

I have heard stories like that before. Plus, it depends on the country you are adopting from, because the rules vary between each one. That's a good idea. Thank you for the prayers, we hope to celebrate in a fun and simple way.

~Michlyn