Friday, February 27, 2009

"I'm rich!"

"For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich." II Corinthians 8:9

Our J. was rummaging through a drawer last night and found his $2.00 that had gone missing a short time ago. As he makes the discovery, he declares, "I knew it, I'm rich!"

His child-like faith is amazing to me... Just $2 and he believes he is rich. He trusts with just a little his needs will be met. He's right, we are rich!!! We are rich through God's grace. We are blessed with an abundant & rich life.

The next time I stumble upon a few dollars, I too am going to say, "I'm rich, Thank you Jesus, You have made me rich!" And know I am not rich because of the little money I hold but because of what Jesus did for ME!

Happy Friday...Have a good weekend!!!

No comments: