Thursday, October 30, 2008

The paper chase begins...

DJ and I had our first meeting with our Social worker to begin our adoption journey. And though the meeting was good, the feeling is hard to put into words...
It was both exciting and overwhelming rolled into one (How's that for an explanation?) LOL!

DJ seemed to connect with our SW; they both identified themselves as introverts... Guess that leaves me odd one out :-) We are really looking forward to getting to know her more as we get rolling on the path set before us. It should be quite a ride :-)

We were given many forms and much information- just the beginning of the paper chase ahead of us. Many questions were answered. Although I have a tendency to jump the gun a bit, so some the questions asked can be more thoroughly addressed at future meetings.
I watched my introvert have some of his fear fall away and have it replaced with excitement and joyful anticipation. All in all the meeting helped us to feel a little more certain of what lies ahead.

In the meantime, we are holding on to God's promise..."I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13
We will keep you posted ...And we appreciate your prayers for our family's upcoming journey!

No comments: